Saturday, March 30, 2024

Baby Quilt Donations

Over the years, I have made a lot of quilts. And when I have small pieces of fabric leftover, I cut them into 5 inch squares and toss them into a basket for future projects. I love 5 inch squares and I love patchwork quilts. My basket has a ton and I decided to make a bunch of baby quilts to donate to my local NICU. I've been volunteering there for a couple of years now and I love it so much. There's nothing like a tiny baby to put things in perspective and I love being able to offer them some comfort and love. 
www.sew-handmade.blogspot.com

Baby quilts are my favorite to make because they are just so cute and so easy to make. Here are a few made from my scrap basket. I also love that these will be going to good homes and also remind me of some of my favorite quilts and favorite people over the years. 
www.sew-handmade.blogspot.com
This one is backed in hedgehog flannel and is so cozy.
www.sew-handmade.blogspot.com
Most of these purples are made from my daughter's 2nd and 3rd birthday quilts and a purple quilt I made for my sister years ago
www.sew-handmade.blogspot.com
These two were fabrics from a Sew Sampler box last year. The NICU sees lots of twin babies born early and I had a set of twin boys in mind with these two quilts. 

www.sew-handmade.blogspot.com

www.sew-handmade.blogspot.com

www.sew-handmade.blogspot.com
I've made quite a few black-and-white quilts over the years (linked here and here and here) and I know babies are drawn to high contrast colors. 
www.sew-handmade.blogspot.com

www.sew-handmade.blogspot.com
These dots were leftover from a baby quilt I made in 2020. 

www.sew-handmade.blogspot.com

www.sew-handmade.blogspot.com

I hope and pray the babies who receive these quilts will grow up strong and healthy and have lots of sweet dreams! 


 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...