Wednesday, July 22, 2009
A Quilt for Our Baby Boy
The quilt for my baby boy is complete! This quilt was made with a lot of love and is my first project using free-motion quilting. I love it!
I used the Stacked Coins pattern - very easy and very quick! I highly recommend it.
Most all of the fabric is from the Arcadia line, with the exception of the polka dots, which are cut from a crib sheet (we have another matching sheet for the crib to complete the bedding "set"). The green/brown damask print (on the middle right in this next photo) was also an add-in. I'm not sure of the designer on it, I picked it up at the quilt show last month.
On the brown fabric, you can really see my free-motion quilting. Love it!
The back is the blue leaf fabric, also from the Arcadia line. I *love* the leaf prints!
I had originally intended to bind the quilt with the same blue leaf print as the back, but at the last minute changed my mind and wanted to use the brown instead. I'm so happy with my choice (although I was less-than-patient while waiting for the order to arrive in the mail).
All in all, I LOVE this quilt. I was very picky in selecting the fabrics and began browsing for ideas just about 6 months ago - very soon after I found out I was pregnant, I started planning this quilt. I put a lot of thought into every piece of fabric - waaaay more thought than I normally do. I love that this will be the blanket our son sleeps under. I can't wait to see his sweet little face - just 8 weeks until my due date!
Coming soon: the completed bird mobile (using scrap fabrics from the quilt)...