Sunday, March 29, 2009

Mia's 3rd Birthday Quilt

Mia's birthday quilt is finally complete! It's another Bento Box pattern quilt and I love the vibrant colors. The fabrics very much remind me of my amazing little girl.

The fabric that inspired the entire quilt...

My favorite block...

This quilt came with a few surprises - fabric combinations that I didn't know I'd love so much.

The binding and the back is a solid fuchsia - actually made from a sheet set (with another set on my daughter's bed).

I quilted it with a basic grid. I was tempted to do something more creative, but the size of this quilt made me hesitate (and I am so glad I didn't attempt more - this is a big quilt to "experiment" on).

This finished quilt on Mia's new big girl bed. I'm working on a coordinating throw-pillow to finish the set.

Right at home...

This was a big challenge for me. I was literally sweating trying to hold the weight of this quilt while finishing it. Whew. I am so glad it is complete. There's just nothing like seeing my child sleeping sweetly under a quilt I made.

I so love this quilt and I believe it is my best work ever. That said, it was a big project that took a lot longer that I expected. It's about 6-weeks late for Mia's birthday gift. When I told her the quilt was completed, she looked at me with surprise and said "already?!" I couldn't love her more! She keeps saying how much she loves it. And melting my heart.

2 comments:

Twinfibers said...

It looks great and so cute on her bed! :) Jessica

laurelei said...

I know EXACTLY what you mean. I finally crocheted myself a pair of wrist warmers/fingerless gloves, and my 15yo daughter said, "Oh, those are pretty!"...so of course I gave them to her, because really? And she put them right on, and made me happier than I had been having finally made myself some!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...