Friday, May 21, 2010

Blogger's Quilt Festival


It's Blogger's Quilt Festival Time! Here's my entry (I'm #155 this time!) - my Values Quilt made with Kaffe Fassett and Vintage fabrics mixed together (originally blogged here). This was a gift for a friend's new baby, but I have to admit, I had a very difficult time letting go of it. And I immediately started making one for myself to keep - using Amy Butler's Love fabric - coming soon!!

If you are new to visiting my blog, welcome! You can click here to view all of my quilts or click here to view my most recent projects. I am a soon-to-be 30 year-old mommy. I am raising two adorable children (ages 4 and 8 months) and always trying to find time to run my photography business and make quilts for my loved ones.

Be sure to check out the other entries in the quilt festival...... it's amazing to see all of the talented quilt makers from around the world.

18 comments:

Jen said...

Love the almost monochrome but beautiful variety of colors.

Michelle said...

What a wonderful color scheme. So vibrant.

Janice @ Better off Thread said...

what a beautiful quilt! I have only recently been turned on to Kaffe Fassett and he has given me a new appreciation for the purple.

Drucilla's Stitches said...

Gorgeous quilt...love the colors!!

Lis Harwood said...

Stunning!

Marie said...

beautiful color combination. Congratulations

BJ said...

I'd have a hard time giving it away too. Lovely.

Martine Kuciel said...

j'aime la vibration des couleurs étant moi aussi une fan des tissus de kaffe superbe

Vicki said...

I love it! The purples are so gorgeous!

Kathy said...

Your quilt is a nice example of a value study in the cool colors. I like it a lot!

Jodi Nelson said...

Love how this turned out! Thanks for sharing.

Leslie said...

this is so beautiful. i love the colors

Heather said...

Thats a terrific selection of fabrics. Great colour. Very lovely quilt.

Karen said...

That is one cool baby quilt. Love the colours you used.

quilthexle said...

Lovely quilt - thanks for sharing! This colour-combination is just great.

Dallas Designing-Diva said...

What a happy color combination.
Randi
http://DivaBuzz.designing-diva.com

Sandra said...

what a simply lovely quilt-very effective use of shades/values of purples. Kudos.
Come see my antique quilt entries
http://utahquiltappraiser.blogspot.com
http://starleyquilts.blogspot.com

Eileen said...

LOVE purple so this caught my eye right away and the fabrics are fantastic--is this a kaffe fassett quilt? i know at least some of the fabrics are--i'm making a quilt from his romance book my son and dil gave me for Christmas. thanks for sharing!! come visit and see the pickle dish in process

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...