Friday, June 4, 2010

Love Values Quilt


I made another Values Quilt, this time using Amy Butler's LOVE fabric line. And for lack of a better word, I LOVE this fabric. The colors are so rich and the patterns are beautiful. I love it.

I've never understood or been interested in making a quilt as a wall hanging. I like to be able to *use* my quilts. I like to touch them and snuggle in them and feel their warmth. But when I made my first values quilt, while it was on my sewing table waiting to be quilted, I fell in love. I made so secret that I had a hard time giving that quilt away. Almost as soon as I did, I started this quilt with the intention that it would be a wall hanging - something for me to look at and enjoy.


If you are a regular reader of my blog, you may recall that I recently made a pillow for a friend using these fabrics and pattern. Love that, too... may need to make another one to compliment my new wall hanging?

The binding is actually a Kaffe Fassett fabric I had on hand.

The quilting is done in concentric diamonds to accent the change in values. On the back, you can really see the design.

Speaking of the back, it's a vintage sheet I found a few months ago. I love the pattern and love giving old fabrics a new life.

For now, this quilt will be on the wall in my bedroom, where I will see it everyday. Someday in the future, I hope it will be a part of my sewing room to keep me inspired and delighted.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've been searching on the internet all day looking for some type of wall hanging to inspire me and I've found this!!! YAY! Finally. I want to hang this above my "Design Board". Thanks!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...