Thursday, March 11, 2010

Less than 24

So that didn't take long. I finished the Blue & Green Circle Quilt, expressed my delight at being caught up and not having anything on my "to-do" list, and within 24 hours started the next one!

In just one day, I have all of the blocks complete for my first Values Quilt based on this tutorial. It's purples and blues and I love it. I planned for this to be a gift, but I am already waffling on that - I may need to keep this one!

This morning I headed to my favorite local thrift store to see if they've restocked their sheets. I found some great "keepers." This first one is actually a flannel, but I am thinking it might be a great backing for the Values Quilt. The colors are perfect and pansies are one of my favorite flowers.

Here's a shot with my hand (please excuse the lack of manicure......) to show the scale. These pansies are BIG. Love them!

They had only a pillowcase in this print, but I love these colors and the watercolor feel to this one.

This is also just a pillowcase, but I loved the delicate flowers and colors.

Some green / yellow / orange florals - both of these are queen-sized sheets. (P.S. To my Quilt Bee friends - I have plenty of these two, so if you'd like a FQ or two, let me know! I'm happy to share...).

All these for under $10! Love thrift stores!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love anything purple! I always back my quilts in flannel and what a score on that sheet.

Evelyn said...

Nice finds! The pansy one will make a lovely backing. I love that "watercolor" one too, and recently found one in an orange/green colorway.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...