Saturday, June 6, 2009

Sonoma County Quilt Show

On Saturday morning, we took a break from our travels and visited the The Moonlight Quilters of Sonoma County's Quilt Show in Santa Rosa. As a fat quarter junkie, I knew I was in trouble when I saw this vendor booth. It's Monica's Quilt & Bead Creations from Palm Desert. Next time I am in Southern California, this shop is on my list to visit.


I took a lot of pictures of quilts that inspired me. Since I had my daughter with me and the quilt show was quite crowded, my pictures are very quick snapshots. But I thought I'd share them anyway - such inspiration!

I couldn't get far enough back to photograph this entire quilt, but the detail and sharpness is just amazing. Wow.



Loved these owls!






I think this was my favorite from the show. I'd really like to try to make a landscape quilt like this. Beauty.

I was so excited to see this quilt - it's the same Bento Box pattern that I've used on a couple of recent quilts - Anna's Quilt & Mia's Quilt. I love that pattern and loved seeing it in these beautiful Autumn colors, too.

Giraffes! Another favorite.


I really have been wanting to try a tree applique. I need a little more practice before I start working on little leaves, but it's on my to-do list. Love these colors, too.

Fun day! So much to see and buy, although I definitely held myself back. Quilt shows are very dangerous on the budget!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...