Saturday, January 24, 2009

Anna's Quilt

This quilt is for a friend's baby girl, Anna, who was born just two weeks ago. I was lucky enough to get to deliver the quilt in person and meet Anna, who is just breathtakingly beautiful and so very teeny tiny. It boggles my mind that, at seven pounds, she is two full pounds more than my daughter was. My mind can't wrap around how truly tiny she once was.

Anyway, back to Anna. Adorable. She slept in my arms for about an hour and I literally had to push myself out the door. I could have stayed there all day. I am so glad that this quilt is for her.

The pattern is called "Bento Box" and it is, I think, one of my favorite ever. I LOVE the fabrics in this quilt.


I used a very soft floral vintage fabric for the back and the binding of this quilt. I love using fabric that has a little history, especially in a new baby quilt. There's something to be said for blending the very old with the very brand new.

I can't say enough how much I love this quilt - the colors, the fabric, and especially the pattern. I think this quilt is one of my favorite I've ever made. And I am so glad that it's for baby Anna! I hope she loves it as much as I do.

1 comment:

mommy skonovd said...

oh, i like this quilt very much! i can't wait to see what you've been making for our little guy! (although i guess he needs to arrive first!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...