Sunday, December 21, 2008

Sage Green Quilt

There's something so familiar about this quilt... somehow like it's "home." I've had some of the fabric in my cabinet for some time, but it is as if I have known it longer than that. It's simply the perfect quilt to give to my dad and step-mom this Christmas.



The back is vintage fabric I found at a local thrift store... love it, almost as much as the front.

I hand-stitched this binding. After a few attempts with machine sewing the binding down, I think I've decided I prefer the hand stitching. There's something very personal and relaxing about finishing a quilt this way.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Mrs. Fix said...

I LOVE the back of this quilt! So cool how you used this vintage fabric!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...