Thursday, December 11, 2008

Squares and Circles!

This is a pretty simple patchwork quilt, using fabrics from here and there, all jumbled together (my favorite). The fun on this one came in the quilting. This is only the second quilt that I have machine quilted and I really went for it. Each of the 42 squares has a circle quilted into it. It took me a long time because I'm still learning, but I am so glad I took the chance because I love how it turned out.

Details...


The backing matches the green polka-dot border and I LOVE the binding.


Even the back of the quilt is fun to look at!

It's in the mail and off to a sweet baby boy - I hope he likes it!

1 comment:

Cheryl Arkison said...

Oh, it is so hard to quilt circles! But I do have a good method for making circles...
http://naptimequilter.blogspot.com/2008/01/circle-tutorial.html
I saw your comment on One Shabby Chick so I thought I would share it with you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...