Saturday, September 17, 2016

Hot Air Balloon Quilt

I have loved hot air balloons since I was a little girl. I wanted to be a pilot when I grew up! Fast forward a few years, and both my engagement and honeymoon involved hot air balloons. The pattern from this was from the SnapShots quilt for St. Judes. I had made this  block, but then changed my mind and wanted to use purples and teals for the quilt. This lonely block got bookmarked for a baby quilt and I’m so happy with how it turned out. 

 The borders are 2x4” rectangles from Bonnie and Camille’s Moda Line with some happy little houses added in.


The backing is a navy polka dot. The balloon is free motion quilted, with some of my machine’s decorative stitches for the quilting, along each border. 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...