Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Starting the Snapshots Quilt

I finally had a chance to start the darling Snapshots Quilt! I have been eyeing these blocks for a few months and I love them. And I LOVE that the cost of the pattern is a donation to St. Jude's Children Hospital - such a wonderful organization. 


I started with the hot air balloon block. I have loved hot air balloons since I was a little girl. This pattern warmed my heart and made my week, which is saying a lot because it's been an awful couple of days for me, healthwise. Sewing this block was exactly what I needed. 
Next I made the camera block, which is actually intended for the back of the quilt. But, since I am also a photographer, this block will definitely be included in the front. LOVE this little camera!
 My third block is the sewing machine block. Obviously this one speaks to me as well. 
 Here's my three together. I love that my blocks are pretty different from the others I've seen (although I love the red/teal/green color combinations, too). I cannot wait to make more of these blocks and see the quilt come together.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...