Monday, February 18, 2013

Weekend Crafts

I've snuck in a bit of crafting time this weekend. First up are two blocks for Bee Vintage, which started up again this month. I'm so glad - I've missed our little quilting bee. 

The first block is a Granny Square block for Liz. This was a fun block to make with 2.5" squares and I am sure this is going to be a STUNNING quilt. The tutorial is here: http://blueelephantstitches.blogspot.ca/2012/01/granny-square-quilt-block-tutorial.html

I am so in love with these purples and blues!

The second block is called Lady of the Lake and is for Linda. I can't really picture what this quilt will look like once it's completed, so I am very anxious to see all the blocks together. The tutorial for this one is at www.blockcentral.com/pdf/bom2009-1pfv.pdf

I also found a little time for some painting this weekend. I've wanted a garden gnome ever since we watched Gnomeo & Juliet. If you haven't seen this movie, you should check it out! Very cute. Anyway... it made me want a gnome for the yard, however I haven't found one that I liked or didn't cost a fortune. So you can imagine my excitement when I found these ceramic gnomes at Michael's for only $4! With my coupon, this little guy came home with me for only $2. 

And he got painted turquoise and blue and green (with a gray beard). I love him. 


Now he just needs a coat of sealer and a great spot in the yard. Oh... and a friend! I bought two so I can paint another one. I'm thinking turquoise and red for the next guy! I also need a name for him... any ideas? 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...