Monday, February 25, 2013

My Turn for Bee Vintage

March is my month in the Bee Vintage quilting bee and I’m excited to share my idea with you. I want to make a tree quilt! Below are some photos I've found for inspiration. 

My “rules” for the ladies are simple: I've asked for a plain white cotton for a background the finished block to measure 12.5.” Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, the trees do not need to be all green! I’d prefer they use a variety of sheets – I love blues, purples, greens, and pinks. I’m not crazy about yellow, orange, red, or brown. 

Here's the tree I made for my soon-to-be quilt (the trunk is charcoal gray, although it looks a little dark in this picture):
Vintage Sheets Tree Quilt Block

And here are some examples of completed quilts and the idea I am going for:

tree quilt

Trees


And some ideas for individual trees:

These two have to be my favorites – I looooove these!
Mosaic Tree & Hexagon Tree

Here’s a bunch of cute ideas:
Tree block inspiration mosaic

Another cute idea:
Mod Trees Quilt Block

This one is so cute with little circles:
pointlessquilter.blogspot.com/2012/07/whisper-challenge-q...

I am SO excited to see what everyone comes up with!! I was so impressed with the wonky house blocks that were made a few years ago.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...