Thursday, July 16, 2009

Bird Mobile in Progress

With the scraps from the baby's quilt (more on that coming soon!), I decided to try to make a bird mobile for above the crib. I got the idea and the pattern from Spool Sewing's blog and more inspiration from Sew Girly. I didn't intend for it to happen, but the baby's nursery has definitely become bird-themed and these guys are just icing on the cake.

I currently have seven birds complete.

I ordered a couple of additional fat quarters from the Arcadia line to add to the variety of the birds. That fabric will hopefully arrive in the next week or so and I'd like to make about 5 more birds. Then I will ask my ever handy (and patient) husband for help assembling the birds on the branches. I can't wait to see the finished product with the baby's bedding. Oh la la!

P.S. The little hands in the first photo are my sweet helper and soon-to-be-big-sister Mia's hands. She was very eager to assist.

No comments:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...