Saturday, May 23, 2009

Tulip Quilt

I am a little embarrassed to admit that I started this quilt in October of last year. It got ignored and pushed to the back of the pile because of Christmas gifts and baby quilts and other more urgent projects. This week, I finally put it on the front burner and got it complete. I'm calling it the tulip quilt and it's currently found a home on our sofa.

I quilted this very basic block quilt with a zig-zag pattern to give it a little dimension. I just couldn't bear to slice up these beautiful prints into smaller blocks, so it is a very simple design.

I used a very light sage thread to zig-zag diagonally through the blocks.

On the back of the quilt, you can see more of the zig-zag quilting.

The backing is a dark sage with a lighter sage binding. I had originally purchased the fabrics to use as borders, but at the last minute decided I didn't want borders on this quilt.


Can't wait to snuggle up in it tonight!

1 comment:

Kelly O. said...

Hey love the new header and blog look!
And of course the fabulous quilt!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...