Thursday, October 16, 2008

What I've Been Up To

Here are my projects this week... lots of things unfinished, but I am making progress.

This first one is a burgundy, green, and floral throw blanket. These blocks are huge - they are 15" squares, which is the largest I've ever worked with. I actually think the larger blocks are a little more difficult. I like the colors and the fabrics and now just need to add some borders and get it finished. This is a Christmas gift.

This next one is all sage green and white fabrics and I love how it's coming together. I finished the blocks today and will be working on arranging them hopefully this evening or over the weekend. This one is also a Christmas gift and I'd like to get it done quickly so I can cross it off my list to do.


And last, but certainly not least, is what I am calling the Tulip Quilt.

This fabric was a splurge for me and I am so in love. I hadn't decided what to do with this quilt, but as I watched it come together, I realized there is just no way I can give this one away. I just love love love love love this fabric and it would break my heart not to keep it. That's the good news and the bad news... keeping it for myself means that, for now, it moves to the bottom of the list of things to work on. I'm trying to get all my Christmas gifts done first. I have some great olive green fabric to use as the borders on this one and I can't wait to work on it once I get caught up on all my others.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...