Wednesday, September 9, 2020

My Bookshelf Quilt

After being tempted for years, I finally made myself a bookshelf quilt! 

I recently sorted my scrap fabric by color, so I used those bins and made a variety of books. I didn't use a pattern, I just made each book 12 inches tall and just loosely placed them on a design wall until the quilt came together. I intentionally made the books on the edges easy to trim down so I had some flexibility in the width once it was time to piece the quilt together. 
www.sew-handmade.blogspot.com

I varied the books - some have a horizontal strip or two, some have vertical "book plates," and some have nothing at all. 
www.sew-handmade.blogspot.com
My favorites are the books that have colorful selvedges as their book plates. I've been saving (hoarding?) these for years, so it was fun to finally use them for a project.
www.sew-handmade.blogspot.com

www.sew-handmade.blogspot.com
www.sew-handmade.blogspot.com
I also placed a camera on the bookshelf, because obviously photos have always been a big part of my life. This camera is cut from a cute vintage camera print from Hobby Lobby. 
www.sew-handmade.blogspot.com
The backing and binding are both "gradients" by Moda. 
www.sew-handmade.blogspot.com
I love how it turned out and I am so excited to hang it on the wall in my sewing room. This is definitely a happy quilt! 
www.sew-handmade.blogspot.com
I CANNOT believe this is my 99th quilt! I have something really fun in mind for my 100th quilt! You can view all of my quilts here. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...