Monday, February 25, 2019

This Year's Bookshelf

I've got two quilts almost finished! 

But first, some of the books I've read at loved so far this year:

First, Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens. Words cannot express how much I LOVED this book. It is one of my top books I have ever read. It's two stories in one and I have thought about this book every day since I read it. Love love LOVE. Seriously, buy this book!

Whisky in a Teacup by Reese Witherspoon. It's got some fun stories and a little bit of everything! I don't cook, but the recipes did look tempting!

When Life Gives You LuluLemons by Lauren Weisberger. This was a book selected by my book club. I wouldn't normally have selected this one, but it was a fun, (mostly) light, easy read. This would be great to take on vacation to read on the beach or by a pool. 

The Proposal by Jasmin Guillory. Another light, easy read that begins with a very public proposal that the main character rejects and all that happens afterwards. 

I'll Be There for You by Kelsey Miller. We are HUGE 'Friends' fans, and this was a fun read to learn more behind-the-scenes. I was fascinated and it has made me watch episodes with a very different perspective. 

Winter Storms by Elin Hildebrand. This story involves a large family and lots of in's and out's of their complicated life. 

Educated by Tara Westover. This was a haunting memoir. Tara was raised by extremist parents and struggled to overcome her lack of an education. Her accomplishments are extraordinary and her story has stuck with me. 

The Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown. This is a story of three sisters who were raised by a father obsessed with Shakespeare. Their story is heartwarming and the banter is fun to read. 

The Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn. If you like suspense novels with twists and turns, this is a good one! 

I'm currently reading My Dear Hamilton, which is by the same author as America's First Daughter. I really enjoy learning about American history through these perspectives. 

📚 Happy reading! 📚





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...