Wednesday, September 25, 2013

T-Shirt Applique for Mothers of Preschoolers (Mops)

This year, I am volunteering to help with my local Mothers of Preschoolers (Mops) group.
Our leadership group opted to make our own Mops t-shirts. I helped instruct them how to applique the letters and then I sewed 6 of the shirts (two ladies sewed down their own letters - thank goodness because it ended up taking about 30 minutes/shirt just for the sewing!). But they turned out cute so it was worth it! 

We used scraps from my quilting piles and each shirt was different, depending on the colors the mom was drawn to. And here are all eight of us in our shirts. Yay for Mops! 

We spent the weekend at the coast planning the Mops meetings for the next session. It was SO much fun to get away with these ladies and we made some great memories. And there's nothing as lovely as a weekend at the coast.  



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...