Friday, October 14, 2011

Farmer's Wife :: Block 4 & 5

Two more blocks complete! I am loving this book and these blocks. I wish I had more time to work on them. I skipped block 3 (Basket) because I just didn't care much for it. I may come back and do it later, but for now, I'm going to just do the blocks I like. I don't think I will make the 111 blocks required for a queen sized quilt, I'll probably aim for a large lap-sized quilt (50 blocks), which gives me some freedom to customize what blocks to make and what to skip.

Anyway, this is block 4, "Basket Weave" and it reminded me so much of the first quilts I ever made (see here and here). I love these blues and aquas!
And block 5, "Bat Wing" using one of my favorite green florals.
More to share soon, I hope!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...