Sunday, May 15, 2011

Blue Baby Girl Quilt

I made a quilt for our friends' baby girl. This is from Moda's Stacked Coins pattern, the same one I used for our baby boy quilt, one of my most favorite quilts ever.

This is made with a variety of feminine florals and prints. Some Amy Butler's Love, some Alexander Henry's My Secret Garden, some Dena Designs McKenzie, and some solids. I love that it's a little unexpected - baby girl quilt made with so much blue and aqua.

The coins in this quilt are actually 3"x6" (instead of the 2.5"x5" coins in the tutorial). I liked the larger blocks to show off the fabrics.

The back is a vintage fabric with pretty aqua, blue, and lavender flowers.

And my first label tag sewed in the binding on the back!

Welcome to the world, Keira!

1 comment:

colimachia said...

I really like the color combination you used, it's very soothing! Good job :)!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...