Thursday, December 23, 2010

Dresden Plate Table Runner


I made my mother-in-law a table runner for Christmas. It's made with two Dresden Plate blocks, made with purple fabrics. Each block has twenty pieces that make up the circle.



I think it would be pretty neat to have two vases of flowers to put on each end.

I stitched the edges of the Dresden Plate and then continued the zig-zag out into the quilting. The rest of the runner is quilted with stippling swirls. The binding is a tiny purple floral print.

Here's a shot of the back (the color is a bit off, but you can see the detail of the quilting here).

The Dresden Plate is a fun block to make - this was the first time I tried it. I used this ruler (that I bought with a 40% off coupon, so it was super affordable). The block itself came together very quickly, but attaching it to the background fabric took a little longer than I expected. Luckily I was able to finish this on December 23rd, just in the nick of time.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...