Friday, October 15, 2010

Halloween Decor


Truth be told, Halloween is one of my least favorite holidays. I don't care much for all of the spiders, skeletons, and creepy stuff. But this year, I am hosting our family's Halloween Party (we get all the cousins together for a potluck before trick-or-treating). So, since we are hosting, I'm feeling like I should decorate, at least a little. The trouble? I don't like most Halloween decor and I don't want to spend money on stuff I don't like. So I'm going super cheap with my Halloween festivities. A simple paper banner with some pumpkins and gourds on the mantle.

I made this "Happy Halloween" banner for our fireplace using basic 5x7" index cards. I painted them with various shades of orange watercolor paints and used a glue stick to attach plain black letters. A hole-punch and some plain white ribbon complete the banners. Super simple.

My daughter is a little obsessed with bats this year, so I also cut out some bats from black construction paper.

Using orange embroidery thread, I tied strings around each bat and hung them from some white sticks I have in a vase on our dining room table. My daughter LOVES them and has asked me to also put some in her room.

So there you go. Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

G'ma Sassy said...

Clever and cute. I love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...