Sunday, August 15, 2010

Vintage Sheet Quilting Bee : July Block

I'm a little late with my July block for the Vintage Sheet Quilting Bee. This is for Bethany who requested wonky star blocks (she provided the gray background fabric).

I really struggled with this one. For some reason, star blocks are difficult for me. And I also have a hard time making things wonky. So a wonky star? Eeeeek. But I finally just sat down and sewed and it came together just fine. Within a few minutes, I felt pretty silly for stressing myself out. Oh well... live and learn! And it reminded me why I am so glad I participated in this quilt bee and my guild's block of the month. It makes me stretch and try new things that I otherwise wouldn't have tried.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...