Thursday, August 26, 2010

Color Block Baby Quilt


This is a small quilt, just a little bit larger than the stroller and car seat quilt that I made for my son. We have gotten so much use out of that quilt - it's the perfect size since it doesn't fall out and drag over the edge.

I made this quilt for a long-time photo client and friend of mine. She and her husband are expecting their second son next month.


The binding is a baby-blue swirl print and the back is a sage green fabric I have had forever. I love it, I'm not sure why it's taken me so long to use it!

The quilt is stipple quilted. I love the stippling on the white fabric edges.

This quilt was labeled using the embroidery I blogged about a few months ago. I simply sewed a square patch and then hand stitched it on to the back of the quilt. I like the way this looks and feels, but out of the three ways I've tried labeling my quilts, this was the most time consuming. I'm still looking for my "perfect" method.

2 comments:

Barbara Sindlinger said...

you have been very busy. That's a lot of baby quilts and they are all so cute.

Twinfibers said...

beautiful quilts, Jody! and some great stories, too! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...