Saturday, July 11, 2009

Free Motion Quilting! Me!

I'm so excited! The quilt top for our baby is complete and I made a goal for it to be my first free-motion quilted project. However, I am a little nervous because I LOVE the quilt, so I decided to start on a doll quilt for my daughter to see how I did. I studied a book called Machine Quilting: A Primer of Techniques and it helped me feel more confident to jump in. Here's the result!

A close-up. There are some jagged edges, but I'm hoping as I get more comfortable, I'll have fewer and fewer mistakes.

This doll quilt is super basic, mostly just to practice on. It's just a fat quarter sandwich.

I definitely have lots of room for improvement, but overall I am thrilled with how it turned out and confident to try it on the baby quilt. Hopefully this week!

3 comments:

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Can't believe you have never done it before - you are a natural!

Kelly said...

this is fantastic. great job at your first attempt. you are already a pro.

Kelly O. said...

That looks fabulous!
Something I'm hoping to adapt in my free motion quilting (whenever I get into free motion quilting)
is hiding a heart in the quilt somewhere....
like here...

http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com/2009/04/pete-repeat.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...