Saturday, July 19, 2008

Happiness

I love fabric. My heart beats a little faster when I am in a fabric store. When I stumbled upon a Vintage Sheet Swap going on across the country, I was excited to participate. I found some funky prints from a local thrift shop (the exchange was intended to be sheets from the 70's or earlier), washed them, and cut them up into fat quarters (18"x22" pieces of fabric). Then I, like everyone else, shipped them to a woman in Oregon, who sorted the fabric and re-distributed it to all of us. I ended up submitting 48 pieces of fabric. All in all, the exchange brought in 2,314 fat quarters in 318 prints from 72 swappers. Wow!

My fabric arrived in yesterday's mail. It's a little overwhelming because there are SO many, but it's so much fun to imagine the quilts, bags, and other projects I want to make with my fabrics.

This one is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE. I love love love love it and wish I had an endless supply.


Here are some of the others that I think would make an interesting quilt. Maybe with some solid colors included to balance out all the florals?

I received a lot of oranges, which I'm not usually a fan of. But these soft colors look pretty nice together and I imagine it'd make a fun throw blanket or a funky baby quilt.

Another favorite... I love the big bold print on this one.

This one definitely caught my eye, too. I love the shape of the bouquet and the bright, lively colors.

Here are some others that look nice with it... maybe a quilt?

This one is wildly different from all the rest, but it's also a favorite. No idea what I will do with it, but I love the boldness.

A box of fabric in the mail? SO much fun. I can't wait to get to work and I sincerely hope to find another fabric exchange like this one in the future. I had so much fun searching for fabric and weeks of excitement and anticipation in imagining what I would receive in return. It's like Christmas in July.

1 comment:

Kel said...

this is incredibly awesome. those fabrics are groovy. im excited to see what you make of it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...