Tuesday, July 2, 2013

From Vacation

Not a lot of sewing last week because we were on vacation at the coast. Here are a few pictures. First, my shot of the "supermoon." I'm not a very experienced nighttime photographer, but I'm happy with my snapshot. 

We also went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. It was our first visit since 2007 and the kids loved it. It was a bit more crowded than I would have liked, but we were still able to see the sights without too much of a headache. 
 Our family picture in the wave room. Despite the expressions in this picture, my kids looooved this part of the aquarium. My son, especially, kept going back and looking at the wave room from every direction. 
 When I asked what he liked best about our visit, he said "the fish." Go figure!  : )
 My daughter and I were both completed fascinated by this Leafy Sea Dragon. Such an unbelievable creature! 
 Checking out the kelp forest one more time before having a crummy lunch at Bubba Gumps (yuck!). 
 Another day of vacation was spent exploring the tide pools near Pigeon Point, CA. Here's a shot of all the kids in our camping group. They had a blast finding crabs and starfish and seashells. 
Starfish!
 Muscle!
 We had a lovely trip and a nice break from the heat. 
I have a quilt top ready to be quilted and bound, so I hope to be back soon with a completed project to show you!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...