Friday, September 14, 2012

Vintage Linens Dresden Plate Quilt

My dresden plate quilt is done! This is made with my favorite vintage linens. It measures 24' x 26" and is meant to be a wall hanging in my beloved sewing room. I'm a little shocked at the length of time it took me to complete this relatively tiny quilt, but I've decided not to dwell on it and to just love it anyway.  : )
The dresden plate is sewn down with a straight-line seam on white fabric. The outside is quilted with free-motion swirls. 

Have I mentioned how much I love these fabrics? 
The center is a fussy-cut flower from one of my favorite prints. 
 Dresden plate blocks are actually quite simple to make, but look simply exquisite when they are complete. There's an easy tutorial here on Sew Mama Sew.

The back is a soft green and blue and white floral. I love how the quilting looks on the back. 
 And I used a simple charcoal gray solid for the border. 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...