Sunday, September 23, 2012

This Weekend's Crafts

Hi y'all! Hope you are having a lovely weekend! I've worked on a few little projects this weekend that I thought I'd share. First, more string blocks... I've received 6 blocks from my friends in the Bee Vintage group and I've made 6 blocks. Half-way there!

I also made this little pennant banner with some of my favorite prints. I wanted something to dress up my plain white window valance in my sewing room. This was a fast little project and I am happy with how it turned out. (The Inspire word art was a gift from my husband a few years ago - purchased from Pier 1). 


I also started a project for Christmas. Christmas? Yes, Christmas. I saw an idea on Pinterest that used a house key as an ornament. I found our first key to the forever house we finished this Summer. This was the first key we were given by the builder. I painted it gold and then covered it in gold glitter nail polish. I have more plans for it, I'll share once it's complete. The lightbulb may or may not actually end up on our tree. It's just a burnt out nightlight bulb that happened to be on the kitchen counter when I started painting the key. 
Can you believe it? 99 days until the end of the year!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...