Friday, August 24, 2012

Bee Vintage Quilting Bee : August Block #1

August block # 1 for the Bee Vintage quilting bee is a Dresden Plate block for Emily. I love Dresden Plate blocks and I actually have a larger version of this block made and ready to be quilted into a wall hanging for my sewing room! But before I do that, I felt like I needed to fulfill my commitment to the bee. So here it is - this block is so perfect for vintage sheets!
The edges are sewn down with tiny little zigzags. 

 I hope Emily loves it as much as I do!

And here's a little sneak peek of the quilt I am making for myself. I can't remember exactly, but I think I started this in April after I made the triangles quilt. It's about 26" square and I am anxious to get it done (once my other sewing obligations are caught up... I hate being late!).

I also used the Dresden plate block to make a table runner for my mother-in-law a few years ago. I love going to her house and seeing it. I can't wait to have one made of vintage sheets to admire here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...