Sunday, November 21, 2010

Black & White & Orange


This is the first time I've made a quilt for order - I sold a quilt! This is a simple black-and-white patchwork quilt with the baby's name appliqued in orange.

His name is appliqued in the same fabric as the binding using a fun font ("Kristen" if you are interested).

I stitched around each letter in matching orange thread.

The backing is an orange dot fabric. And if you look very closely, there is a soft blue color inside of the dots. I love this fabric.

The backing has a stripe of black-and-white fabric, too.

I hope baby Ryder will make a safe entry into the world and will love his new quilt once he arrives!

1 comment:

A Girl Named Speedy said...

Beautifully done. Love how you did the appliqued name. Very clever!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...