Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Baby Gifts

My friend Amanda recently welcomed her baby boy, Thade. And as much as I wanted to make him a quilt, I also know that his mommy has gotten the quilting bug. I know she has made him many quilts in the last 9 months, including the one I taught her. So instead, I made a set of two bibs and two burp cloths.


I made the baby two burp cloths using quilting cotton on one side and super, super soft minky on the other. This was the first time I've ever used minky. While I love the feel of it, it's a little temperamental! I'm not going to lie - these burp cloths are a little "off." They started out square but ended up a little wonky. Luckily, I happen to know that babies don't mind that sort of thing - they'll spit up on whatever is nearby. ;)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...