Thursday, October 21, 2010

Blue & Green String Quilt


A new favorite! These blue and green string blocks were made with a variety of fabrics. I love this block and keep coming back to it, over and over again. A big part of the appeal of the scrappy quilts is how so many fabrics are tied to memories of other projects and people I love.

This quilt is for a friend I have known since the 5th grade. She's expecting a baby boy this Thanksgiving.

The whole quilt is stipple quilted. The backing and binding is a green circle fabric from an IKEA duvet cover.

I've had a couple of people ask me if I get nervous using white or off-white in baby quilts. I thought I would share a secret here: I have a REALLY great stain remover. I don't bat an eyelash when babies spit up (or worse...) on fabric. It's called Folex. It's actually a carpet cleaner, but I've used it on fabrics for as long as I can remember and I've never had a problem, even on delicates. I've used it to remove red wine, blood, and all of the gross things babies make. It even took out a realllllly old red wine stain in our carpeting at our old house. I highly recommend it and have actually given it as a gift! :)

1 comment:

Barbara Sindlinger said...

Where can you buy this miracle stain remover. I've got a few quilts I need to get some spots out. Not baby related though - dog related.

I love string quilts too. So easy to make too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...