Sunday, May 2, 2010

Maybe I should stick to quilts?

I have been itching to make clothing for a while now. And feeling like I need some "me" time. So I decided to attempt the "super simple nightie" pattern that was featured on Sew Mama Sew a few months ago.

My original idea was to make this using some of my vintage sheets - the super softness with the funky prints would make for a great nightgown. However, since I am not experienced with sewing any kind of clothing, I opted to use some inexpensive fabric that I wouldn't be upset if it went to waste. Good thing! I am not a fan of how this turned out - it's cute on the hanger or in the pictures, but once it's on it looks more like a mu-mu! NOT what I had in mind and I have no idea why it didn't work out.

I followed the pattern exactly, with the exception of the straps. Since I am a nursing momma, I altered the straps to tie in a bow so that I can lower the straps as needed to nurse.

I think I'll stick to quilts........

2 comments:

Amanda Fetters said...

That is way cute! And if it looks like a mumu, it's the pattern, not you!! :) Besides, I can't stand sleeping in clothes that are form-fitting in any way, shape, or form...

Evelyn said...

What, no action shot? Just kidding! ;-)

It does look cute on the hanger - I hope you find a way to repurpose it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...