Saturday, March 30, 2024

Oh Pumpkins

My best friend from childhood (we met at age 7) loves Halloween. This year, I decided to make her a pumpkin quilt for her birthday. I gave it to her last weekend, so I can share photos now!
www.sew-handmade.blogspot.com

We grew these pumpkins last year and they've held on through winter! So they can be our spring pumpkins now and a prop for my pumpkin quilt in March. 

www.sew-handmade.blogspot.com
The pumpkin pattern is from Lori Holt's Farm Girl Vintage book. Every single time I sew from her books, I am reminded how well done her patterns are. SO good!!
www.sew-handmade.blogspot.com

www.sew-handmade.blogspot.com

The fabrics are scraps saved throughout the years, including some from her baby's quilt that I made in 2010!

www.sew-handmade.blogspot.com

www.sew-handmade.blogspot.com

One thing you should know about me, no matter the weather, if I go outside to take photos of a quilt, the wind will pick up. My quilt holder was not amused. 
www.sew-handmade.blogspot.com


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...