Monday, November 5, 2012

Merry Christmas Quilt

Last month, I took a class at a local quilt store and made this Merry Christmas quilt from the pattern in the book I Believe by Nancy Halvorsen. It was a fun class and a nice treat to sew, uninterrupted, for several hours. Here's my finished wall hanging!
 Each letter a different fabric, used from scraps from this quilt and other's I have collected over the years. The letters and shapes are stitched down with a blanket stitch. I love how it turned out, but it was a SLOW process. I joked that after all this work, it might be Christmas in my house all year long! I'm not sure I will want to put this in a storage box and not admire the time it took to make!

The white space around and behind the letters is quilting with a teeny-tiny stipple design. It was fun to do, but easy to get lost in between the letters. 
 I chose teal, blue, and red for my borders and green for the binding. I love how those blues stand out against the white and red.
 The back is pieced together with leftovers from my Christmas quilt from a few years ago. I was glad to find a good use for some fabrics I've been hanging onto for a long time now!
The quilt is hanging on the wall in between the kitchen, living room, and dining room. I love it!


1 comment:

Janel from NellieBellie said...

girl...you have more talent in your little finger then I do in my entire life!! Amazing skills!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...